Realwonderoftheworld.com – The representatives of Indonesia in Switzerland, Indonesian Embassy Bern have long been investigating the New7 Wonders committee. The results were a number of ineptness. Imagine, the office address claimed to be in a town in Switzerland never exists.
Indonesian Ambassador in Switzerland Djoko Susilo, through the email received by detik.com on Tuesday (1/11/2011) revealed a number of anomalies of the New7 Wonders committee starting from the origin of the emergence of the New7 Wonders committee to their presence in public in Switzerland. Here is the explanation of Indonesian Embassy Bern.
- December 2007, N7W announced the inauguration of the campaign, in the early stage, three tourist destinations in Indonesia were selected for the nomination, which are the Komodo National Park, Lake Toba, and Mount Krakatau along with other 440 nominations from 220 countries.
- August 2008, Indonesia signed up as OSC and paid the administrative costs for each destination of US$199.
- On July 21, 2009, the Komodo National Park became Indonesia National Nominees and one of 28 finalists.
- February 2010, the N7W offered to Indonesia to host the N7W declaration, which is planned to be held on 11 November 2010.
- After conducting exploratory and several meetings, on November 25, 2010 Indonesia denoted its interest to host.
- On December 6, the N7W agreed Indonesia as the host with the license fee of US$10 million.
- On December 29, 2010, the N7W issued a memorandum through the Head of Communications of the N7W, Eamon Fitzgerald who gave the deadline until January 31, 2011 that the Indonesian government had been willing to host. If no confirmation until the deadline the N7W would postpone the status of the Komodo National Park (KNP) as a finalist of N7W.
- Todung Mulya Lubis, the lawyer for the Ministry of Tourism and Creative Economy (formerly known as Kembudpar) RI, on February 2, 2011 addressed an email to the N7W and protested the plan to eliminate KNP as a finalist. The letter was responded by the N7W lawyer in London five days later. It was stated that KNP was not eliminated, but the Ministry of Tourism and Creative Economy was no longer able to be the official supporting committee (OSC).
- On February 11, 2011, Todung Mulya Lubis sent an email again and requested that the Ministry of Tourism and Creative Economy returned to be OSC. But there was no answer for the second mail.
- The decision to count in KNP as a finalist without the participation of the Ministry of Tourism and Creative Economy as the OSC made pride as a nation overthrown. The Ministry of Tourism and Creative Economy representing the Government of Indonesia was not allowed to participate in promoting.
- Another country like Maldives, one of 28 finalists, last week withdrew its participation from the competition. Maldives, a small island nation near Sri Lanka withdrew its participation because of financial matters charged by the N7W.
- On April 28, 2011, the Ministry of Tourism and Creative Economy sent 8 delegates consisting of ministry officials, a lawyer from Lubis Law Firm, Santosa and Maulana and some national journalists to conduct an investigation about the existence of N7W.
- The Indonesian Ambassador for Switzerland and the Duke of Liechtenstein helped the delegates from Jakarta to conduct the investigation. The Ambassador Djoko Susilo since his arrival in Switzerland has been in touch with several Editor in Chief of National Daily in Swiss and always questioned about the credibility of the N7W Foundation. They did not even recognize the existence of the N7W Foundation.
- The team from Jakarta who were assisted by staff of the Indonesian Embassy Bern made a visit to the address written as the N7W Foundation office: Hoeschgasse 8, PO Box 1212, 8034 Zurich. In fact, the postal code of the address given was not appropriate, it should have been: Hoeschgasse 8, PO Box 1212, 8008 Zurich, where there is Heidi Weber museum architected by Le Corbusier completed in 1967. The museum is only open in summer (June, July, and August) from 14:00 to 17:00.
- The team also visited the Patrick Soemmer law firm from the law firm of CMS von Erlach Henrici Ltd, for assistance.
- As a foundation, the existence of N7W was quite unique. The foundation has no clear address, except email address. It is only written that N7W was established in Panama with Swiss legal entities, and its lawyers are in the UK.
- For Swiss citizen, the N7W Foundation is unknown, and not part of the UNESCO.
- As known in 1991 the Komodo National Park along with the Ujungkulon National Park, Borobudur Temple and Prambanan Temple were included by UNESCO as world heritage. Since the reputation of UNESCO as the UN agency which was founded in 1945 is far more than N7W, we should not be obsessed by the N7W’s rules of game.
“Indonesian Embassy Bern doubts the credibility of the Committee or the foundation and urge the public in homeland to be careful” said Djoko.
Taken from detik.com